Optimization is an essential aspect of website development. It is quite impossible to gain visibility on the search engine’s results page without succinct optimization. Many theories tend to enlist all the actions that fall under appropriate optimization. Several performance Marketing services also help virtual business owners or brands improve their website’s SEO rank. Knowing the necessary steps of optimization is essential to ensure the optimal performance of the website. But falling for SEO myths is counterproductive. Hence, it is vital to understand the widespread rumors regarding SEO.
The False claims in the field of SEO
Misconceptions concerning the optimization of websites are quite common. Rumors that are way too far-fetched get discarded by the website developers and virtual entrepreneurs. However, at times a few myths tend to influence the thinking of the general public. In the case of optimizations, there are a few misapprehensions that require debunking. These misleading myths regarding SEO are enlisted below:
- The insignificance of keyword research: Numerous keywords appear in search results. This leads to a flawed idea that optimizing specific keywords won’t help SEO as traffic can be gained from multiple keywords. But this is an erroneous belief because keyword research helps in making the content easily searchable.
- The ranking is the only aspect of SEO: Website ranking and SEO are often interchangeably used. This has led to a common belief that SEO is just about getting the highest rank on the results page. But to acquire organic clicks, in-depth topic discussion, and authoritative back-links are required. Search intent is critical in this regard. Focusing SEO actions for the top-rank is a futile approach if the other aspects are neglected.
- A web page’s rank is unimportant: This misconception seeped in 2016 when Google stopped giving Page rank scores. But even though the score cannot be seen, it doesn’t imply that it is an obsolete metric. As search engines still evaluate the back-links of a website for ascertaining its value.
- Social media shares boost ranking: People think online sharing is the key to get a higher rank. There is some truth in this regard because content that is highly shared is often regarded as valuable. But ranking is not dependent on this factor because viral sharing often occurs. There are millions of devious ways to ensure constant sharing of the same content. Hence, search engines don’t use social signals for page ranking purposes.
- There is a penalty for duplicate content: Google has time and again clarified that there is no penalty for duplicate content. But due to duplicate count, syndicated websites can get a higher rank than the original website. Crawl budget gets wasted due to internal duplicate content. Therefore fixing duplicate content is vital for SEO, but there is no penalty for it.
- Invest only in long-tail keywords for better rank: Most long-tail keywords support long-tail keywords that show an offbeat way of searching for a common topic. But search engines give importance to the main keywords, so ranking for these keywords is not easy.
- Search engines only feature new content: This is a deep-rooted misconception. Search engines look for optimized results that match the search query. New content won’t get featured if it is not relevant to the search query. Hence, the focus has to be on content relevance rather than on content freshness.
- Search engine optimization is valueless: The changing virtual situation has led many people to believe that optimizing organic traffic is unnecessary because of the quick answers featured on the results page. But it is an outright myth because organic results do exist, and that depends on optimization.
- There is no need for regular optimization: Optimization is a continuous process evolving with new advancements in the virtual world. It is wrong to assume that SEO has to be done just once.
- Pay-per-click marketing is ineffective: Strategic implementation of PPC helps in earning valuable back-links over time. Hence, it is an indirect factor that aids ranking.
It is prudent to stay away from false information regarding SEO because blind belief in such myths can damage its productivity. A sound understanding of SEO is necessary to ensure that correct optimization steps improve the website’s performance. Working single-handedly on SEO is a daunting task. To acquire professional aid for website optimization, one can contact the best Digital Marketing Agency in Delhi NCR.